What Do Luxury Retail Consumers Expect?
Wrap & Send surveyed 1,000 women who make more than $75,000 annually on what they expect in a luxury retail shopping experience. The survey revealed that consumers who shop at higher-end department stores and boutiques expect impeccable package presentation whether purchases are made in-store or delivered to their home, free shipping and returns, and locator services.
Full Survey Results
- 58% of respondents make a purchase at a physical retail store once per month or more.
- 65% of respondents spend more than $100 at a physical retail store per month.
- Respondents value free shipping to their home, great customer service and ease of returning and exchanging purchased items as the most important shopping features.
- 22% of respondents return items that they purchase.
- 10% of respondents often return items because they are damaged from shipping.
- The most common reason that respondents return to a physical retail store are “great customer service” and the “ability to locate sizes and colors at other locations.”
- 42% of respondents said that free two day shipping to your home is the most important shopping feature (ranking 5 out of a scale from 1 (least) to 5 (most)).
- 38% of respondents said that the ability to locate sizes/colors at other locations and have them shipped to their home is the most important shopping feature (ranking 5 out of a scale from 1 (least) to 5 (most)).
- 57% of respondents have purchased an item at a physical retail store and have had it shipped to their home.
- 59% of respondents said that it is important for them to have a physical retail store locate different sizes/colors at other locations and have them shipped to them.
- It is important to 77% of respondents to choose their type of free delivery service (ground, two-day, overnight).
- 93% of respondents said that it was important for a store to offer free returns through USPS/FedEx/UPS. 45% said that this is very important.
- 40% of respondents said that package presentation matters when they receive a purchase shipped to their home.